WatchNetwork.com
Home » Brand Forums » Rolex Forum » www.watchfinder.co.uk
Brand Forums

www.watchfinder.co.uk

by suhail Jul 22,2006 12:56 PM

Views :

Reply Post

purchased a Rolex 16613 from them a few days ago and they clearly advertised the Watch with Box, papers and a service.

When the watch arrived it had no papers and the response given to me when contacted was " How do you expect an old watch to have papers?"

As soon as I got the watch on my wrist I noticed that the seconds hand was moving but there was no subsequent movement of the Hours and Seconds hands. I took the watch to the Service Centre in Mumbai and they informed me that the oils were dry and that the movement needed urgent service, else the watch would seize.

Despite the fact that they had misrepresented the paperwork, I was willing to be satisfied with the watch if they reimbursed me the service amount that was payable to the RSC.

They accused me of lying about the watch having problems and asked that the watch be returned to them, but that was not feasible because I am in India and they are in the UK. They also said that I had devalidated the Watchfinder warranty because someone from Rolex had touched the watch! I offered to send them the paperwork that the Service centre would provide me to prove that the watch indeed had problems, but they accused me of having "Contacts" in the service centre.

All communication with them is in writing ( email) and I would be happy to provide any member with the same on request.

Bottomline: Be vary of buying from them because their products are not as represented and their customer service and level of courtesy towards a customer is extremly poor

I had posted this before but made an edit after they promised to send me a cheque for the servicing amount and owned up to the fact that they had advertised Papers, but messed up.

2 weeks went by but the cheque didnt show up and they didnt reply to my emails.

Please be careful with them.

Threads