WatchNetwork.com
Home » Brand Forums » Breitling Forum » Watch Shopping - Breitling vs. Rolex - others?
Brand Forums

Views :

Reply Post

Hi All,

First post, and first of all, I have looked back at old posts to see if any answered my questions and didn't see any.

Anyway, I'm starting watch shopping for a nice watch. My criteria are: steel or titanium case, metal bracelet, no gold or diamonds, certified chronometer, no chronograph, date only, dark colored dial, at least 200 m water resistance (though I have no pratical use for anything more), automatic movement.

Basically, I'm looking at the Colt Automatic, Superocean, and Seawolf Avenger from Breitling, and the Submariner and Seadweller from Rolex.

I've always liked Breitlings (don't know why - just have), and I know so many people who own a Rolex but few that have a Breitling. Is there anything that I'm giving up by getting a Breitling over a Rolex? I know that Breitlings no longer qualify as "Swiss Made."

I've heard Rolex recommends servicing their watches every 5 years, and that runs about $500. What about Breitling?

Are there any other brands I should look at?

Thanks for the input!!