WatchNetwork.com
Home » Brand Forums » Lange Forum » Help in IDing Watch??
Brand Forums

Help in IDing Watch??

by reiter Feb 01,2005 10:07 AM

Views :

Reply Post

Hello I just inherited a watch and it seems like a nice one!I don't have any photos so here is a descripiton!? Case is silver in colour and black faced about 44 or 45 mm across. 2 vertical placed smaller "faces", upper one(between 12 and central hub) is actually a piercing crossed by a horizontal bar secured by 2 blue screws and bearing a red stone in the center at the axle point of the gear beneath. Glashutte I/SA is above this piercing in an arc. Lower face is white with gold Roman Numerals at 12, 3, 6 and 9. Appears to run some 6 hours behind the main hands of the watch. On left side(at 9) is Tourbillon AUTOMATIC(on 2 lines). On right side (at 3) is A. LANGE & SOHNE
with Sohne on lower level. The main hands are silver pointers with white interiors and the hour marks are all bars around the face. There is a silver stylized U that comes from edges of upper piercing down and around the lower face.The rear is a see through screw down type, 3ATM WATER RESISTANT and MADE IN SWISS around the edge and A,Lange & Sohne across the center(all umlauts are present where appropriate)Top level of rear action is inscribed Glashutte SA No. 131. Band is Black, 2 strip manufacture, clasp says LANGE, inside is undyed, clasp side says A. LANGE & SOHNE the other side says GENUINE LEATHER. Oh it keeps great time and weighs alot,and appears as if my uncle wore it hardly at all. Any ideas??
Thanks ever so much!!

Threads