WatchNetwork.com
Home » Brand Forums » Rolex Forum » Won't sell me the watch?
Brand Forums

Won't sell me the watch?

by jas3774 Mar 11,2004 4:47 PM

Views :

Reply Post

Threads

• re: Won't sell me the watch? by watches01 on Mar 11,2004 10:52 PM      Post Reply
  • by Fatality on Jun 18,2004 11:18 PM      Post Reply
  • re: Won't sell me the watch? by Fatality on Jun 18,2004 11:20 PM      Post Reply
  • re: Won't sell me the watch? by MasterD on Jul 25,2005 12:07 PM
    Hi jas3774
    Actually i had a scenario almost like this one a year ago when i wanted to buy a Daytona 116528 (Gold). An ordinary warm summerday i went to the an authorized Rolex Dealer after my training (Martial arts training). I did as my father said to do, that i would order the watch from them and fill in the information and sign the papers. However, i went to the dealer and had a look around (of course they didn't have the Daytona there) So i asked the dealer about the Rolex catalog and pricelist. He gave me the catalog and i looked in it for about 4-5 minutes to compare you know. Then i decided to buy the white dial. Then i said to the dealer, who looked curiuos at me,: I want to order this watct and pointed at the watch. Suddenly he looked more surprised and said: Have you ever bought a Rolex watch before, i said no only a Breitling. He asked about the price i bought the Breitling for, I said to him 35'000 crowns (about $4500). Then he said: Sorry i can't sell the watch to you. I asked why, he said becuase you haven't ever bought a Rolex before. I said to him well, one time it must be the first time. But still he said sorry i can't sell it.
    Well jas3774, i came out of there chocked, after all that expectation to buy the Daytona it ended up with nothing. My father became quite angry when i told him about what happend. The day after he went with me to the same dealer. He said to the dealer: My son wanted to buy a Rolex Daytona from you. The dealer saw that my father was a bit angry and that he was wearing a suit. (Personally i think the dealer was concerned about the money becuase after the training i was just wearing ordinary clothes) Anyway, the dealer said that he can order the watch and i can come in about 5 days to get it. I filled in all the info and signed the papers and went from that store happy but most of all, proud of my father.

All this happend in Sweden. After all this i would come here as many times as i wanted and order accessories for my watch, for example diamond bezels etc.

I know how you felt jas3778

PS: I didn't need to speak to the manager as it went good after all.      Post Reply