WatchNetwork.com
Home » Brand Forums » Rolex Forum » Won't sell me the watch?
Brand Forums

Won't sell me the watch?

by jas3774 Mar 11,2004 4:47 PM

Views :

Reply Post

Hi Everyone, I had a wierd scenario come up today, and was wondering if anyone has run into the same problem. I have been trying to find and purchase a Green 50th Anniversary Sub from an authorized dealer, and finally located one. The salesperson was very kind, and called to let me know that the watch was in. Here's where the trouble began. They refused to sell me the watch, per the manager, because I have not spent a fortune in the past at that particular store. They even told me that someone wanted one a few months ago who purchased SIX rolex's in the past two years, but he was also refused because of the purchase requirements.

I could not believe it, as I had been waiting for quite some time to get this watch, and have no other intentions other than to wear it personally. It seems to me that every non-authorized dealer is scooping up these watches and tacking an extra couple of grand on them because of the demand.

I tried dealing with the manager, but the guy became very rude and just about hung up on me when I was questioning their corporate policies.

Anyone run into this problem before? Any recommendations on how to handle this?

Threads