WatchNetwork.com
Home » Brand Forums » Omega Forum » Survey 33xx based watches
Brand Forums

Survey 33xx based watches

by daelese Aug 26,2006 9:26 AM

Views :

Reply Post

Hello,

first let me introduce myself: my name is Serge and I'm a (recent) watch afficionado with only a small, debuting, "collection" of watches, namely a Zenith Elite and a Longines with an in-house movement (989.2), based in Brussels (Belgium), whose mother language is french, so forgive me for all mistakes you'll see my following intervention!...

I'm following closely the forum interventions the last couple of weeks and particularly the posts about 33xx based watches for I was thinking to buy an Omega with this kind of refined movement.

But after all what I heard about it (from Chuck Maddox, by the way very precise and informative, among others), I'm not sure anymore of what I have to do: forget this idea!?..., wait to see if this Piguet movement becomes (eventually) more reliable, ...

Well, at the end, I was thinking to gather feed-back from actual owners of these watches (and that are used to come to this forum) trying to get a better picture of the situation:

I'm proposing therefore to these owners to simply send me a little e-mail at "survey33xx@hotmail.com" with their (happy/horrible???) experience! with the following info in the content:
1. the model of the watch, e.g. Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow
2. the year of purchase
3. the year of manufacturing (if known)
4. the movement number (e.g. 3313, if known)
5. and, at last, your experience with it: no problems at all/kind of problems, did it get correctly repaired, by who: local AD, regional/national Omega center, Omega in Bienne (Switzerland), did you trow your watch in the bin being so furious about it... anything

and, certainly if your watch is perfectly functioning since you bought it, send me a little mail to tell me your happyness, so I'm sure to have enough good/bad experiences to give at least a correct ratio (considering I'll only receive fora feed-back wich I hope will already be a good part of all these Omega owners...)

Again, thank you for this, and soon I've got enough material (in less than 2-3 weeks, I hope), I'll post again to tell what is the situation

Regards

Serge