WatchNetwork.com
Home » Brand Forums » Breitling Forum » Question for Breitling expert
Brand Forums

Question for Breitling expert

by triv Sep 20,2006 3:43 PM

Views :

Reply Post

I recently found a used Breitling in a small jewelry store in NY that I’m very interested in. The problem is that I can’t find any reference to the model anywhere. The owner strikes me as the type of person who would tell me anything about the watch he thought I wanted to hear and doesn’t seem to know its history or significance.

It’s a chronograph but he said it’s not automatic and needs winding. It’s got a smaller than average case (definitely under 40mm in width) with a brick-red face and gold chrono dials. The ring around the crystal is the standard chrono ring (w/ 15, 30, 45, and O at the vertices). The coolest part about it is the see-through back which says “Callisto Especial”.

I found some other Callisto models online but none of them look anything like this watch. I’m actually wondering if he didn’t replace some of the original components to assemble it as it is today.

If anyone can tell me anything about this watch or put me in touch with someone who might know I would be very grateful.

Threads