WatchNetwork.com
Home » Brand Forums » Rolex Forum » identifying Tudor Watch
Brand Forums

identifying Tudor Watch

by Hansol Nov 13,2004 6:15 PM

Views :

Reply Post

Hey all, I looked all over the internet trying to find out what model of watch I have on my hands, but so far I have had no luck. Here's my story so far:

My grandfather used to be a jeweler back in the day, and recently I found an old box of watches at his old place. I asked my dad about them, and he remembers from the tags that they were ones that customers didn't come and pick up. I started browsing through them, and came across what i thought was a expensive watch. Me being uneducated to the world of watches at the time, I saw the rolex crown and thought it would be a good watch to have, so I asked my dad if I could have it, and he said yes.

I wore the watch for a while, and only then did I really look at the obvious signs as to what it was. But I have only been able to find out that it is a Tudor, and somewhat old. but heres all the info on it, and i'm hoping that you guys can help me out. I'm not familiar with watch terms and lingo, so bear with me:
-Has the Tudor Rose on the black-coloured face, with the words "Tudor oyster" underneath it.
-Has numbers on the "12, 3, and 9" positions, and "bars" (?) for the "1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11" positions.
-Right above the "6" position, it has what i think is a "seconds" timer, ie this watch has no second hand. Below this timer it has the word "swiss", and above it it says "shock resistant"
-on the back of the watch it says "Oyster by Rolex"
and has the numbers "273074" and "7927"
-It has a crown on the (scuse the laungage) windy thingy that you use to wind the watch, and it is also threaded so when you push it in and twist it threads closer to the watch and stops you from winding it.

Again, I don't know much about watches, so i don't know if this description will be helpful. I think i read somewhere that it might be "Tudor Athlete" but can't confirm that. And if anyone knows what watch this is, what would a resonable price be for it? The watch is in what appears to be really great condition, the gold still being good, and the movement still working after all these years. Thanks very much -Cameron

Threads