WatchNetwork.com
Home » Brand Forums » Rolex Forum » How is the demand of Sea-Dweller??
Brand Forums

Views :

Reply Post

Threads

• re: How is the demand of Sea-Dweller?? by synweap on May 26,2004 12:22 AM      Post Reply
  • re: How is the demand of Sea-Dweller?? by Daytona on May 28,2004 03:07 PM
    Dear Sir,

The demand for a sea-dweller has gone up considerably in the last few years. I bought mine in 1996. I waited 2 months to get it. The dealer, with whom I have good rapport, told me there were only 28 of them in the country that year (info from Rolex USA, NY). However, in recent years the demand has increased, and with it, the supply. Now you may find equal numbers of seadwellers and submariners in the same showcase. The first reply is correct. The submariner is more popular because it is better known, older, what the seadweller was created from, and a hell of alot more comfortable to wear for 24 straight hours. But the seadweller is hands down the toughest watch in the world. I paid 3500 for it in 96. Now the list here is about 4500. I suspect you would walk out with it with 3900 to 4000 us. As for what the dealer told you, again the first guy is correct. The dealer has to sell watches. The demand is high, and increaseing as evidenced by the increased production by Rolex. However, the demand is not in the same ballpark as say the SS Daytona. Cheers      Post Reply
  • re: How is the demand of Sea-Dweller?? by Gedanken on Jun 09,2004 06:46 AM      Post Reply